The Senior Editor is responsible for overseeing the post-production process and takes a lead role in editing and mastering our most prominent projects
- Take ownership of editing projects from beginning to end
- Collaborate and lead post-production meetings
- Edit and master videos in FCPX and lead review sessions with clients
- Research and stay current with new equipment, technology, plugins and software
- Manage time effectively and prioritize multiple large projects
- Work with Junior Editors and contractors to accomplish editorial goals and progress.
- Work within timelines and precise schedules of deliverables
- Represent and promote the Veritas brand online and in the community
- 6 years of editing experience in any NLE.
- Advanced knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and Apple Motion
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite products (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark)
- Advanced knowledge of audio processing and effects
- Ability to write and communicate clearly with good punctuation and spelling
- Thorough understanding of story and the ability to edit complex narrative interviews down to concise and compelling content
Veritas Media provides benefits to its employees. Benefits include medical, IRA retirement options, and competitive salaries.