The Junior Editor is responsible for laying the groundwork for the Senior Editor and for helping the team to streamline processes and efficiencies in editing. This position requires taking ownership of editing projects and being willing to learn quickly and support the team in all areas of post-production. There are plenty of opportunities for mentorship from the Senior Editor. This position is part-time (up to 32 hours/wk) with the possibility of moving to fulltime.
- Take ownership of editing projects
- Edit videos in FCPX and participate in review sessions with clients (supported by the Senior Editor and Production Lead)
- Research and stay current with new equipment, technology, and software
- Work within timelines and precise schedules of deliverables
- Representing and promoting the Veritas brand online and in the community
- 4 years of editing experience in any NLE.
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro X and Apple Motion
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Spark)
- Ability to write and communicate clearly with good punctuation and spelling
- Thorough understanding of how to use and optimize videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram & Facebook.
Veritas Media provides benefits to its employees. Benefits include medical, IRA retirement options, and competitive salaries.